Union Pacific 58259 – Flat car
This car was built in June of 1953 for the Southern Pacific RR as a Class F-70-12. This was the 12th design of 70-ton flat cars built for use by the Southern Pacific, and unlike most previous classes, they were built with all-welded construction.
This car was rebuilt in September 1965. It went to the Union Pacific RR when they acquired Southern Pacific in 1995, becoming UP #58259. Before being donated to the Museum, this car was used as piggyback trailer unloading ramp in the Union Pacific’s former Rock Island yard in downtown Oklahoma City. In 2003, it was modified by the Museum into a passenger-riding car. This car is wheelchair accessible.