Santa Fe 48169 – Wooden Boxcar
This is a former truss-rod, wood-body boxcar, ATSF No. 48169. It was one of 1,000 cars built in 1912 by the Standard Steel Car Co. and operated by the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe (ATSF) RR as Class BXX boxcars.
These boxcars were equipped with Andrews trucks when new. All were retired and sold or scrapped by 1955. This car is missing its running gear (trucks, brake gear, and couplers). Currently stored in ORM’s Owanda Siding, it sits just north of another old wooden boxcar which is also missing its running gear.