Frisco – Caboose

Little is known about this wood-sided caboose. The fact that it has metal end beams and a steel cupola suggests it was built after 1932.


It apparently was operated by the SL&SF (Frisco) RR. Oddly, it is supported on ATSF wheel sets. Donated to the Museum by Greg Thompson. Currently under restoration.

As of mid-2019 the exterior has been patched and repainting begun. It is planned to board the car up and letter it with Oklahoma Railway Museum logos for use as a sign outside the main entrance, much like Frisco caboose #649 near Adventure Station (on Remington Pl).

Photo Gallery